To determine if workplace charging is right for your organization, use the employer resources to learn more about PEVs and charging stations. The PEV Handbook for Workplace Charging Hosts is particularly helpful for employers deciding if and how to install charging stations to ensure a successful workplace charging program.
PEVs and Charging Stations at the Workplace
- Vehicle Basics – Learn more about the PEVs that employees may drive on the Alternative Fuels Data Center.
- Charging Station Basics – Learn how charging stations work and what kind of station may be right for your workplace.
- Level 1 Charging – Discover how Level 1 charging may be beneficial and cost effective for your workplace.
- DC Fast Charging – Learn about the potential benefits and costs of DCFC at the workplace.
Is Workplace Charging Right for Your Workplace?
- Charging Station Incentives – Find out if your organization is eligible for tax credits or grants for installing workplace charging on the Alternative Fuels Data Center.
- Using Solar Power to Supplement Workplace Charging – Evaluate whether your workplace is right for solar assisted charging stations.
- Emission Reduction Benefits of Workplace Charging – Learn how workplace charging compares to other sustainable commuting options.
- Charging Station Credit for Green Building Certification – Learn how installing workplace charging can help achieve voluntary green building certification.
- Charging Stations at Leased Facilities – Explore the dynamics of installing chargers at your property and how it attracts and retains tenants.
- Sample Employee Survey – Assess your employees' interest in workplace charging, and determine the appropriate type and amount of charging stations to install.
- Electricity Sources and Emissions – Find out how your state's grid mix impacts the emission reduction benefits of your PEV-commuting employees.
Installing Workplace Charging
- Charging Equipment and Installation Costs – Review typical price ranges and factors affecting costs associated with workplace charging.
- Request for Proposal Guidance – Learn about things to consider when purchasing charging stations as part of a workplace charging program.
- PEV Handbook for Electrical Contractors – Learn how to properly install and maintain PEV charging equipment on the Alternative Fuels Data Center.
- ADA Guidance – Obtain best practices for installing PEV charging stations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Signage Guidance – Find signage templates and learn how proper signage can optimize charging station usage.
Managing Workplace Charging
- Administration – Lay the groundwork for a well-managed program by identifying roles and responsibilities across your organization.
- Registration & Liability – Help employees get plugged in to workplace charging with a clear and simple sign-up procedure.
- Pricing – Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of fee-based and free employee charging.
- Station Sharing – Consider tried and true practices that mitigate problems when the number of employee-driven PEVs exceeds charging station availability.
- Level 1 Charging Safety and Management Policies – Explore these tips to ensure a safe and successful workplace charging experience.