Rapid advances in SSL technology make it easy to forget that this technology is still at a relatively early stage of development, and much of its potential remains untapped. The 10th annual DOE SSL Technology Development Workshop is a not-to-be-missed event, where government and industry converge to examine trends and issues related to today’s SSL products, and look ahead to prepare for the next wave of innovation.
Few meetings—if any—offer the same frank, open discussion and no-holds-barred Q&A on today’s (and tomorrow’s) toughest lighting issues. This meeting brings together manufacturers, specifiers, and end users to share diverse perspectives and identify what needs to be done to unlock the full potential of SSL—and tap even deeper energy savings. Attendees will examine:
- The latest science behind new uses for SSL, from horticulture to health
- Why lighting system optimization matters
- LED market adoption status and trends
- Remaining technology challenges slowing widespread adoption
- The path toward future connected lighting systems
- How changing technology and business practices will impact the lighting industry in the next five years
Join DOE and industry thought leaders at the 2015 SSL Technology Development Workshop in Portland to dissect the latest updates on a market in motion. Check out this video from the 2014 workshop to get a feel for the DOE SSL workshop experience.