Based on LED Lighting Facts® data through Q2 2014, the report focuses on outdoor area/roadway, parking garage, canopy, and outdoor directional LED luminaires.
V2.0 of the Municipal Solid-State Street Lighting Consortium’s spec contains updates and improvements to aid utilities, municipalities, and state departments of transportation.
The city’s installation of energy-efficient LED streetlights is expected to save $1.5M a year and was made possible in large part by DOE’s Municipal Solid-State Street Lighting Consortium.
A Comprehensive Program
Solid-state lighting (SSL) technology has the potential to reduce U.S. lighting energy usage by nearly one half and contribute significantly to our nation's climate change solutions. The U.S. Department of Energy acts as a catalyst to drive R&D breakthroughs in efficiency and performance, and to equip buyers to successfully apply SSL lighting.
- Research & Development drives technology breakthroughs
- CALiPER Testing and analysis identifies trends and applicability
- LED Lighting Facts promotes accuracy in product information
- Technical Information Network supports utility needs to accelerate adoption
- Standards Support accelerates development of needed standards
- L Prize Competition sets reach targets for industry
- Next Generation Luminaires Competition spotlights today’s best products
- GATEWAY Demonstrations provide valuable field experience
- Street Lighting Consortium shares best practices and tools