Reveals a wealth of insights into promising pathways for SSL technology development.
Inaugural workshop to convene lighting, semiconductor, and IT industry experts to examine key issues surrounding future lighting systems, and lay the groundwork for government/industry collaboration
Tenth annual workshop for manufacturers, specifiers, and end users to examine SSL status and trends, and look ahead to prepare for the next wave of innovation.
Provides analysis and direction for ongoing R&D activities to advance LED and OLED technology and increase energy savings.
The selected projects will help accelerate the development of high-quality LED and OLED products that can significantly reduce overall U.S. energy consumption.
A Comprehensive Program
Solid-state lighting (SSL) technology has the potential to reduce U.S. lighting energy usage by nearly one half and contribute significantly to our nation's climate change solutions. The U.S. Department of Energy acts as a catalyst to drive R&D breakthroughs in efficiency and performance, and to equip buyers to successfully apply SSL lighting.
- Research & Development drives technology breakthroughs
- CALiPER Testing and analysis identifies trends and applicability
- LED Lighting Facts promotes accuracy in product information
- Standards Support accelerates development of needed standards
- L Prize Competition sets reach targets for industry
- Next Generation Luminaires Competition spotlights today’s best products
- GATEWAY Demonstrations provide valuable field experience
- Street Lighting Consortium shares best practices and tools