Fifty-seven LED indoor lighting products—including four Best in Class—were recognized at the NGL winners’ event held at The LED Show in Los Angeles.
Join DOE and lighting industry experts in Detroit on November 12–13, 2014.
The latest version of the Energy Savings Forecast of SSL in General Illumination Applications compares the annual lighting energy consumption in the U.S. with and without further market penetration of LED lighting.
The 2014 edition contains a new priority task on OLED panel manufacturing, plus expanded discussions of LED cost drivers and the OLED manufacturing cost model.
A Comprehensive Program
Solid-state lighting (SSL) technology has the potential to reduce U.S. lighting energy usage by nearly one half and contribute significantly to our nation's climate change solutions. The U.S. Department of Energy acts as a catalyst to drive R&D breakthroughs in efficiency and performance, and to equip buyers to successfully apply SSL lighting.
- Research & Development drives technology breakthroughs
- CALiPER Testing and analysis identifies trends and applicability
- LED Lighting Facts promotes accuracy in product information
- Technical Information Network supports utility needs to accelerate adoption
- Standards Support accelerates development of needed standards
- L Prize Competition sets reach targets for industry
- Next Generation Luminaires Competition spotlights today’s best products
- GATEWAY Demonstrations provide valuable field experience
- Street Lighting Consortium shares best practices and tools