Join DOE and lighting industry experts in Detroit on November 12–13, 2014.
The 2014 edition contains a new priority task on OLED panel manufacturing, plus expanded discussions of LED cost drivers and the OLED manufacturing cost model.
The October 2013 GATEWAY report was updated to include the latest information on the installation of LED lighting and controls at the Burden Museum in Troy, NY.
The latest demonstration evaluates LED against incumbent lighting in four academic/performance spaces at the University of Florida and includes a report, project brief, and video.
A Comprehensive Program
Solid-state lighting (SSL) technology has the potential to reduce U.S. lighting energy usage by nearly one half and contribute significantly to our nation's climate change solutions. The U.S. Department of Energy acts as a catalyst to drive R&D breakthroughs in efficiency and performance, and to equip buyers to successfully apply SSL lighting.
- Research & Development drives technology breakthroughs
- CALiPER Testing and analysis identifies trends and applicability
- LED Lighting Facts promotes accuracy in product information
- Technical Information Network supports utility needs to accelerate adoption
- Standards Support accelerates development of needed standards
- L Prize Competition sets reach targets for industry
- Next Generation Luminaires Competition spotlights today’s best products
- GATEWAY Demonstrations provide valuable field experience
- Street Lighting Consortium shares best practices and tools