EERE has extended this notice of intent. The updated FOA issue date is on or about May 7, 2014.
The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) intends to issue, on behalf of the Fuel Cell Technologies Office, a Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) entitled "Innovations in Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Fuels Technologies." The FCTO Incubator Program is intended to identify potentially impactful technologies that are not already addressed in FCTO's strategic plan or project portfolio. It is anticipated that the FOA will be open to any and all impactful ideas which significantly advance the mission of the FCTO; however, some anticipated specific areas of interest include:
- Platinum Group Metal (PGM)-free catalysts and membrane electrode assemblies
- Fuel cell-based electrochemical conversion devices for stationary energy storage
- Completely innovative hydrogen production and delivery technologies to reach the DOE cost goal
- Breakthrough, low pressure hydrogen storage materials
- Hydrogen infrastructure: Manufacturing solutions for low-cost, standardized skid-mounted hydrogen fueling stations; and game-changing business models/financial approaches to address infrastructure costs.
EERE plans to issue the FOA on or about May 7, 2014. The FOA will be available for viewing at the EERE Exchange website. If applicants wish to receive official notifications and information from EERE regarding this FOA, they should register in EERE Exchange.