Many helpful resources about water efficiency are available.
- Evaluation of Side Stream Filtration Technology at Oak Ridge National Laboratory: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory performed a technology evaluation of side stream filtration technology at Oak Ridge National Laboratory on behalf of the Federal Energy Management Program in order to evaluate the benefits of side stream filtration for cooling tower systems.
- Reverse Osmosis Optimization Technology Evaluation: This FEMP technology evaluation assesses techniques for optimizing reverse osmosis systems to increase system performance and water efficiency.
- Side Stream Filtration for Cooling Towers: Comprehensive document assessing side stream filtration options for cooling towers, with an objective to assess key attributes that optimize energy and water savings.
- Technical Evaluation of Side Stream Filtration for Cooling Towers: Six-page publication providing an overview of side stream filtration options for cooling towers.
- Cooling Towers: Guide to understanding key components of cooling towers and how to improve water efficiency.
- Methodology for Use of Reclaimed Water at Federal Locations: Guidelines to help Federal agencies use reclaimed water as part of Executive Order (E.O.) 13514 and other Federal water regulations.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) WaterSense Office: Partnership labeling program sponsored by the EPA that helps consumers identify water efficient products.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory: Website featuring NREL activities in water efficiency and conservation.
- Guidelines for Estimating Unmetered Landscaping Water Use: Voluntary guidelines to help Federal agencies determine landscaping water use in unmetered situations per E.O. 13514.
- Guidelines for Estimating Unmetered Industrial Water Use: Guidelines to help Federal agencies determine industrial water use in unmetered situations per E.O. 13514.
- Template for a Comprehensive Water Assessment Statement of Work: Report outlining a template of elements within a comprehensive statement of work for a facility-level water assessment.
Incentives and Rebates
EPA WaterSense Rebate Finder: Listing of WaterSense partners offering rebates and incentives for WaterSense labeled products and services.
- Best Practices for Comprehensive Water Management for Federal Facilities: FEMP eTraining course provides Federal facility and energy managers with knowledge and skills to assist in meeting water-related legislative and executive order requirements.
- Managing Water Assessment in Federal Facilities: FEMP eTraining course assists the Federal energy and facility managers to comply with executive orders and legislative mandates and meet the requirements of Section 432 of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007.
- Water Efficiency Planning and Implementation: FEMP First Thursday Seminar providing a strategic planning overview of developing and implementing a water efficiency program.
State and Local
- New Mexico Water Conservation Program: Provides information on water use and efficiency strategies and program in New Mexico.
- Alliance for Water Efficiency: Stakeholders-based national organization that serves as an authoritative advocate for water efficiency and sustainable use of water.
- Irrigation Association: Non-profit North American organization whose mission is to improve the products and practices used to manage water resources.
- Food Service Technology Center: Clearinghouse of information on energy and water efficiency for commercial kitchen appliances.
- National Drought Mitigation Center: Provides resources for drought mitigation through the University of Nebraska, including a drought monitor map.