Many helpful resources about operations and maintenance are available.
Also see Contacts.
Operations and Maintenance Best Practices Guide: Document outlines best practices to help Federal agencies implement effective O&M for systems and equipment found at their facilities.
Federal Facilities Council: Website featuring events, reports, and links to National Academy websites.
Metering Guidance: Offers information on meeting the metering requirements of U.S.C. 8253(e), tells which federal buildings are appropriate to meter, gives metering prioritization recommendations for agencies with limited resources, discusses the requirement for agencies to submit metering implementation plans the U.S. Department of Energy, and more.
Metering Best Practices: Guide features information about energy and resource metering at Federal facilities, including metering requirements under the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
Commissioning for Federal Facilities: Document details the various areas of commissioning: building commissioning, recommissioning, retrocommissioning, and continuous commissioning.
The Federal Energy Management Program offers these comprehensive training courses:
- Advanced Electric Metering in Federal Facilities
- Commissioning for Existing Federal Buildings
- Managing Water Assessment in Federal Facilities
- Planning an Energy Assessment for Federal Facilities
- Solid-State Lighting: Highlighting Indoor Applications
- Rethinking Operations and Maintenance for High-Performance Buildings
Federal Management Institute: Website serves as a tool to help implement the Federal Buildings Personnel Training Act.