Many helpful resources about operations and maintenance are available.
Also see Contacts.
Operations and Maintenance Best Practices Guide: Document outlines best practices to help Federal agencies implement effective O&M for systems and equipment found at their facilities.
Federal Facilities Council: Website featuring events, reports, and links to National Academy websites.
Guidance for Electric Metering in Federal Buildings: Document provides Federal energy managers with information and recommendations for meeting Energy Policy Act of 2005 requirements.
Metering Best Practices: Guide features information about energy and resource metering at Federal facilities, including metering requirements under the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
Commissioning for Federal Facilities: Document details the various areas of commissioning: building commissioning, recommissioning, retrocommissioning, and continuous commissioning.
The Federal Energy Management Program offers these comprehensive training courses:
- Advanced Electric Metering in Federal Facilities
- Commissioning for Existing Federal Buildings
- Managing Water Assessment in Federal Facilities
- Planning an Energy Assessment for Federal Facilities
- Solid-State Lighting: Highlighting Indoor Applications
- Rethinking Operations and Maintenance for High-Performance Buildings
Federal Management Institute: Website serves as a tool to help implement the Federal Buildings Personnel Training Act.