Federal facilities rely on pumps, motors, fans, and other mechanical systems for everyday operations. These systems must be maintained and operated correctly to reach their full potential. Well-executed operations and maintenance (O&M) programs promote energy efficiency and life cycle performance and can save Federal agencies 5% to 20% on annual energy bills without significant capital investments.
- Management Process: Learn about the operations and maintenance management process
- Commissioning: Get an overview of commissioning processes
- Metering: Find out about effective metering at Federal facilities
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems: Learn about the evaluation and integration of these systems
- Maintenance Types: Read about the reactive, preventive, predictive, and reliability maintenance categories
- Major Equipment Types: Look up common equipment types used within Federal O&M programs
- Resources: Find publications that support O&M programs.
Read the Federal Energy Management Program's O&M Best Practices Guide.
Also see Contacts.