The Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) provides renewable energy project assistance to help federal agencies identify and implement renewable energy technologies into buildings and campuses.
Types of Assistance
The Renewable Energy Catalog of Services details the types of assistance FEMP offers throughout the course of the project development cycle. This includes technical assistance during the following phases.
- Policy and program support
- Feasibility study
- Interconnection and grid integration assistance
- High-performance green building construction or renovation assistance
- Large- and utility-scale project planning assistance
- Acquisition strategy
- Request for proposal or proposal review assistance
- Contract assistance
- Design review assistance
- Construction assistance
- Acceptance testing and commissioning assistance
- Performance period (operations and maintenance, measurement and verification) assistance
Request Project Assistance
Federal agencies interested in receiving FEMP technical assistance for renewable energy projects can complete an application through the FEMP Technical Assistance Request Portal. Applicants will receive acknowledgement of their technical assistance request and be contacted by a FEMP project leader with further information.
Project Financing Mechanisms
There are a variety of options available for agencies to finance renewable energy projects. Learn more about project financing mechanisms.