The Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP), in conjunction with the Interagency Energy Management Task Force, sponsors the annual Federal Energy and Water Management Awards, which recognize individuals and organizations for significant contributions to energy and water efficiency within the federal government.
The Federal Energy and Water Management Awards honor outstanding achievements in:
- Energy and water efficiency and conservation
- Renewable energy implementation
- Sustainable practices for high-performance buildings
- Fleet and transportation management.
2016 Federal Energy and Water Management Awards
The tentative schedule for 2016 Federal Energy and Water Management Awards is:
- FEMP releases the 2016 criteria and guidelines: late January 2016
- FEMP hosts awards criteria and nomination tips webinar: early February 2016
- Nominations due in FEMP’s online database: late April, early May 2016
- FEMP announces 2016 winners: July 2016
- FEMP hosts 2016 awards ceremony: fall 2016.
Federal Energy and Water Management Award Winners
The winners of the 2015 Federal Energy and Water Management Awards. were honored at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., on October 14, 2015. The U.S. Deprtment of Energy assistant secretary for energy efficiency and renewable energy addressed the winners and assisted with the presentation of awards. Other guest speakers included Jeff Marootian, U.S. Department of Transportation assistant secretary for administration, and Major General Al Aycock, U.S. Army director of operations for the Office of the Chief of Staff for Installation Management.
See Federal Energy and Water Management Award winners dating back to 2001.