Below is information about the student activity/lesson plan from your search.
Hands-on explorations to teach intermediate students the scientific concepts of solar energy. The activities are:
- Introduction to Solar Energy
- Radiation Cans (Converting Radiant Energy to Heat)
- Solar Concentration
- Solar Distiller (Solar Collection)
- Photovoltaic Cells (Photovoltaics)
- Temperature and UV Beads
- Solar Balloon
- Solar Oven Challenge
- Designing a Solar House
- Photovoltaic Arrays on the School
Science, Social Studies, Mathematics, Language Arts
Five 45-minute class periods
Handouts and other materials needed detailed within teacher guide.
Standards are listed at the beginning of the curriculum guide.