Below is information about the student activity/lesson plan from your search.
Energy Basics , Water
An inquiry-based unit that provides a comprehensive understanding of hydropower and electricity for intermediate students with the following activities:
- The Basics of Energy, Electricity, and Water Jigsaw
- Magnets, Compasses and Magnetic Fields Exploration
- Electromagnets Explorations
- History of Hydropower
- Dams and Their Uses
- Force of Water Explorations
- Turbine Assembly and Exploration
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Conventional Hydropower
- The Future of Hydropower
- Careers in the Hydropower Industry
- Hot Topics in Hydropower
Science, Social Studies, Math, Language Arts, Technology
Approximately eighteen 45-minute class periods
Handouts and other materials needed detailed within curriculum guide.
Standards are listed at the beginning of the curriculum guide.