DOE holds two annual workshops—R&D, held in January, and Market Development, held in November—to share insights, ideas, and updates on SSL technologies and the rapidly evolving market. Each workshop is meticulously planned to encourage lively discussion, maximize networking opportunities, and generate valuable input to guide DOE SSL program planning.
A third workshop—Manufacturing R&D—was typically held in June of each year. In 2015, DOE will merge this workshop with the R&D Workshop to blend discussions on SSL research, product development, and manufacturing into one not-to-be-missed "meeting of the minds."
– Robust exchange of ideas and input from industry experts representing the entire supply chain
– In-depth discussion of the most complex science and technology challenges facing SSL today
– New ideas to drive significant technology leaps forward, improve manufacturing processes, and foster U.S. competitiveness
Attendee profile: Industry, research organizations, universities, national laboratories, chip makers, luminaire manufacturers, material and equipment suppliers, packagers, luminaire testers, testing equipment manufacturers
– Open and honest dialogue on SSL product performance, trends, and the challenges of specifying SSL products today
– Strategies for managing risks and speeding market adoption
– Expert, real-world perspectives from all aspects of the supply chain
Attendee profile: Utilities, energy efficiency organizations, municipalities, state and regional governments, facilities managers, specifiers, retailers, distributors, lighting designers, product development managers