Better Buildings Neighborhood Program award recipients were selected through two competitive funding opportunity announcements (FOA):
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program (EECBG): Retrofit Ramp-up and General Innovation Fund Programs (DE-FOA-0000148)
- State Energy Program (SEP) Special Project: Strengthening Building Retrofit Markets and Stimulating Energy Efficiency Action (DE-FOA-0000251)
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) selected 34 EECBG recipients and seven SEP recipients in 2010. The 41 Better Buildings award recipients need to comply with DOE and American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) program regulations and guidance, as described in their award special terms and conditions. DOE has made a number of resources available to help grant recipients administer their programs and comply with federal financial assistance policies and regulations.
- The Better Buildings Neighborhood Program Grant Recipient Management Handbook is designed for use by Better Buildings Neighborhood Program grant recipients. The handbook serves as guidance on management and administration of Better Buildings EECBG and SEP grants. This handbook is updated at least once per year.
- Program Guidance for EECBG and SEP.
- Office of Weatherization and Intergovernmental Program and DOE Office of General Counsel frequently asked questions related to ARRA.
- Monitoring Procedures and Guidance is available from the DOE Office of Field Operations.