The Better Buildings Residential Network connects energy efficiency programs and partners to share best practices and learn from one another to increase the number of homes that are energy efficient.
Better Buildings Residential programs and partners have invested more than $3 billion from federal funding and local resources to build more energy-efficient communities across the United States. DOE is now expanding this network of residential energy efficiency programs and partners to new members.
Who Should Join?
Residential Network membership is open to all organizations that are committed to accelerating the pace of home energy upgrades. Members include:
- Federal, state, and local governments
- Financial institutions
- Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Sponsors
- Nonprofit organizations
- Program administrators and implementers
What Benefits Do Members Receive?
- Invitations to monthly topical calls. Current areas of discussion include:
- Business partners/workforce development
- Marketing and outreach
- Evaluation and data collection
- Moderate- and low-income markets
- Program sustainability/revenue streams
- Others, based on member requests
- Tools, templates, resources, and proven solutions shared by members.
- Newsletter and other available updates on residential energy efficiency trends.
- Opportunities to be featured in media, case studies, and lessons learned materials.
- Optional program benchmarking.
Better Buildings Residential Network members may use the name of the U.S. Department of Energy and Better Buildings Residential Network to reference their membership (e.g., within a newsletter or on a website), but may not use them in any way that constitutes an endorsement of members, their services, or their products.
How Do I Become A Member?
- Invite relevant team members to enjoy Residential Network benefits.
- Provide DOE with an annual update of the number of residential energy efficiency upgrades completed.*
- Share information about the benefits associated with completed upgrades.*
For More Information
If you have questions, please email the Residential Network.
View the Better Buildings Residential Network membership criteria.
The information on this page is also available as a printable PDF.
*Home Performance with ENERGY STAR sponsors meet this obligation through their existing sponsorship agreement.