The mission of the Office of Strategic Programs is to increase the overall effectiveness and impact of all of the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's (EERE's) activities. We do this through guiding and supporting cross-cutting legislative, communications, international, analytical, stakeholder engagement, workforce, and multi-technology-to-market activities including the Clean Energy Manufacturing Initiative (CEMI).
Why it Matters
Our activities facilitate the success of EERE programs and offices and support EERE's strategic development and implementation through six cross-cutting areas, as well as key initiatives such as CEMI and the White House Open Data Initiative, which accelerate the understanding and adoption of clean energy technologies:
- Policy and Analysis Team - Provides consistent, objective and credible analyses for EERE's activities - from market to impacts analysis-as well as an understanding of the effect of various policies on EERE's core mission.
- Technology-to-Market Team - Identifies and develops strategies to overcome key barriers to the development and success of commercial enterprises built around EERE's technologies and initiatives. Each initiative plays an important role as a technology moves from being an idea to being commonly used in daily life.
- International Team - Advances the progress of EERE's domestic programs and accelerates global deployment of U.S. clean energy products and services through international collaboration.
- Stakeholder Engagement Team - Promotes coordination and interaction between EERE and key external stakeholders, through using direct dialogue among EERE to create and coordinate opportunities to advance EERE's core mission.
- Communications Team - Leads strategic communications and outreach activities for EERE through a robust online, traditional and social media, and informational materials portfolio to raise consumer awareness about energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies and provide information that helps consumers reduce energy use, demand, and costs.
- Legislative Affairs Team - Works in close coordination with the Department's Office of Congressional Affairs, Chief Financial Officer, and EERE's Budget Office to serve as the primary liaison between EERE's technology offices and congressional authorizing and other offices, as well as providing corporate guidance on congressional interactions.