The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's (EERE's) International Team accelerates the speed and scale of clean energy deployment through international collaboration with strategic partners. We support U.S. experts in providing technical and policy assistance that can expand and open markets for clean energy technologies and services. The Team’s work is coordinated closely with partner governments, other Federal agencies, and the U.S. private sector.
Why it Matters
Our projects help to:
- Accelerate achievement of EERE’s technology development goals
- We leverage U.S. funds 3:1 with cost sharing from the Israeli government and the private sector to support collaborative R&D on clean energy technologies through the United States – Israel BIRD Foundation.
- We facilitate information exchange and expert-to-expert interactions between American scientists and their counterparts around the world.
- Improve energy security and reduce emissions
- We enhance the readiness of major economies such as Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, and South Africa to absorb energy efficiency and/or renewable energy.
- Topics include fostering adoption and enforcement of building codes, introducing policy and regulatory frameworks to promote energy savings performance contracting (ESPCs), modeling the integration of renewable energy into the grid, and more.
- Prime markets for U.S. exports
- We foster adoption of U.S. test procedures and labeling schemes for energy efficiency and renewable energy products.
Our technical collaborations are wide ranging, but all are focused on mutually beneficial outcomes that contribute to the Department’s mission.
Read our recent blog posts and fact sheets below
- Win-Win Opportunities at the Sixth Annual U.S.-China Energy Efficiency Forum (October 30, 2015)
- EERE Clean Energy Collaborations with India Play Key Role in U.S.-India Energy Dialogue (September 24, 2015)
- Partnering with China to Promote Renewable Energy Deployment (June 4, 2015)
- Accelerating the Clean Energy Transition in South Africa (May 28, 2015)
- Fact Sheet: Accelerating the Deployment of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy in South Africa (May 27, 2015)