The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's (EERE's) International Team accelerates the speed and scale of clean energy deployment through international collaboration with strategic partners. We support U.S. experts in providing technical and policy assistance that can expand and open markets for clean energy technologies and services. The Team’s work is coordinated closely with partner governments, other Federal agencies, and the U.S. private sector.
Why it Matters
Our projects help to:
- Accelerate achievement of EERE’s technology development goals
- We leverage U.S. funds 3:1 with cost sharing from the Israeli government and the private sector to support collaborative R&D on clean energy technologies through the United States – Israel BIRD Foundation.
- We facilitate information exchange and expert-to-expert interactions between American scientists and their counterparts around the world.
- Improve energy security and reduce emissions
- We enhance the readiness of major economies such as Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, and South Africa to absorb energy efficiency and/or renewable energy.
- Topics include fostering adoption and enforcement of building codes, introducing policy and regulatory frameworks to promote energy savings performance contracting (ESPCs), modeling the integration of renewable energy into the grid, and more.
- Prime markets for U.S. exports
- We foster adoption of U.S. test procedures and labeling schemes for energy efficiency and renewable energy products.
Our technical collaborations are wide ranging, but all are focused on mutually beneficial outcomes that contribute to the Department’s mission.
Read our recent blog posts and fact sheets below
- U.S.-Brazil Collaboration Leads to Innovative Device That Reduces Energy Use in Buildings (December 2, 2016)
- Working with China to Advance Energy Efficiency Around the Globe (November 8, 2016)
- Energy Department Announces New Projects between U.S. and China to Cut Emissions (October 13, 2016)
- Advancing Energy Efficiency and Business Opportunities in South Africa (September 21, 2016)
- U.S. Government Agencies Enhancing their Services for Clean Energy Exporters (July 5, 2016)
- Mapping Solar Potential in India (June 23, 2016)
- Fact Sheet: Sustainable Energy for Remote Indonesian Grids (SERIG) (Spring 2016)
- Amped Up! EERE Innovation on the Road Through Paris (feature on EERE International p 10-13) (Fall 2015)