"To ensure that DOE, including NNSA, products and services meet or exceed customers’ requirements and expectations.
To achieve quality for all work based upon the following principles:
- All work, as defined in this Order, is conducted through an integrated and effective management system.
- Management support for planning, organization, resources, direction, and control is essential to quality assurance (QA).
- Performance and quality improvement require thorough, rigorous assessments and effective corrective actions.
- All personnel are responsible for achieving and maintaining quality.
- Risks and adverse mission impacts associated with work processes are minimized while maximizing reliability and performance of work products.
- To establish additional process-specific quality requirements to be implemented under a quality assurance program (QAP) for the control of suspect/counterfeit items (S/CIs), and nuclear safety software as defined in this Order."