The Office of Learning and Workforce Development (OLWD) sponsors these monthly events to provide opportunities for continuing leadership development. These events are hosted at the headquarters office and broadcasted by request to executives at field offices.
The program manager identifies and coordinates speakers. Presenters are nationally known authors or professional speakers on subjects directly related to leadership, executive development or managing organizations. If the speaker is an author, a limited number of books are purchased for distribution at the presentation.
DOE Executives and senior leaders have the opportunity to learn current management strategies for optimizing organization and employee performance. The continuing education for DOE leaders may give them ideas for improving their effectiveness and performance.
During the past three years, this program has grown and is presented to an average interagency audience of 425 executives, managers and employees aspiring to leadership positions. The OLWD collaborates with area federal agencies and is co-hosting selected events.
Time - Usually 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (EST)
Location – Main auditorium, Forrestal building
Who may participate - Federal employees must register via email in advance using the Registration Instructions.
Leadership Development Events Schedule for 2014
- August 27 - 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Leadership Development Series Event. DOE Large Auditorium, Video cast & Teleconference. “Leadership Lessons from 20 Years as President of a Dynamic, Changing and Growing Organization”, (possible topic) with UMBC President Dr. Freeman Hrabowski.
- September 18 - 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Leadership Development Series Event: “Emotional Intelligence” with OSD Chief Learning Officer, Dr. David Rude. DOE Large Auditorium, Video cast & Teleconference
- September 25 – Executive Forum: “DOE Director of Budget Briefing”. DOE Large Auditorium, Video cast & Teleconference
October 22 - 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Leadership Development Series Event: TBD. DOE Large Auditorium, Video cast & Teleconference
November 20 - 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Leadership Development Series Event: “Managing Poor Performance” with Tom Fox, the “Fed Coach”, Partnership for Public Service. DOE Large Auditorium, Video cast & Teleconference
No events scheduled
Other Initiatives planned but dates and program details have not been fully established:
• SES Leadership Development Program” – for organizationally selected high-potential GS-15 (or equivalent) and Excepted Service Employees. 12-month minimum-cost Executive Leadership Certificate Program.
• Enterprise Leadership Development Program” for GS-13 to GS-15 incumbent and aspiring leaders
•Small-group workshops for creating and implementing Executive Development Plans