The Office of Learning and Workforce Development (OLWD) sponsors these monthly events to provide opportunities for continuing leadership development. These events are hosted at the headquarters office and broadcasted by request to executives at field offices.
The program manager identifies and coordinates speakers. Presenters are nationally known authors or professional speakers on subjects directly related to leadership, executive development or managing organizations. If the speaker is an author, a limited number of books are purchased for distribution at the presentation.
DOE Executives and senior leaders have the opportunity to learn current management strategies for optimizing organization and employee performance. The continuing education for DOE leaders may give them ideas for improving their effectiveness and performance.
During the past three years, this program has grown and is presented to an average interagency audience of 425 executives, managers and employees aspiring to leadership positions. The OLWD collaborates with area federal agencies and is co-hosting selected events.
Time - Usually 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (EST)
Location – Main auditorium, Forrestal building
Who may participate - Federal employees must register via email in advance using the Registration Instructions.
Leadership Development Events Schedule for 2015
- January 29, 2015, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Leadership Development Series event: “It's Not Complicated: The Social Psychology of Trust and Leadership Soft-skills for Any Situation,” with Author and Lecturer Robin Dreeke. Forrestal Large Auditorium, Video cast & Teleconference.
- February 19, 2015, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Leadership Development Series event: “Guerrillas in Our Midst: Managing Dissent in Public Service” with FEI Lecturer and Author Michael Belcher. Forrestal Large Auditorium, Video cast & Teleconference.
- March 12, 2014, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. In partnership with the OCIO, DOE will co-sponsor another Leadership Development Event with General Hayden. Program topic and additional details are currently being finalized. Forrestal Large Auditorium, Video cast & Teleconference. Check back soon for updates.
- March 19, 2015, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Leadership Development Series event: In celebration of Women’s History Month, DOE will be partnering with ED. Discussions are underway to identify a keynote speaker and discussion panel. Forrestal Large Auditorium, Video cast & Teleconference. Check back soon for updates.
Other Initiatives planned but dates and program details have not been fully established:
• SES Leadership Development Program” – for organizationally selected high-potential GS-15 (or equivalent) and Excepted Service Employees. 12-month minimum-cost Executive Leadership Certificate Program.
• Enterprise Leadership Development Program” for GS-13 to GS-15 incumbent and aspiring leaders
•Small-group workshops for creating and implementing Executive Development Plans