- Funding for selected DOE projects: $1.8 billion
- DOE Recovery Act projects in New York: 138
- Clean energy tax credits and grants: 32
- Total Recovery Act funding for DOE projects and clean energy tax programs (as of June 1): $1,678.89 million
- The number of New York jobs created from Recovery Act funding can be found at Recovery.gov
The American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA) is making a meaningful down payment on the nation's energy and environmental future. The Recovery Act investments in New York are supporting a broad range of clean energy projects from energy efficiency and the Smart Grid to advanced battery manufacturing, the Brookhaven National Lab in Upton, and cleanup of the state's Cold War legacy nuclear sites. Through these investments, New York's businesses, universities, national labs, non-profits, and local governments are creating quality jobs today and positioning New York to play an important role in the new energy economy of the future.