Fermilab National Laboratory
Each year the Italian Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN), the U.S. Department of Energy, and the Italian Scientists And Scholars in North America Foundation (ISSNAF) offer a number of nine-week summer research internships in science, engineering and technology for highly motivated Italian physics and engineering university students. In these comprehensive programs, students work with scientists or engineers on projects related to Fermilab's research program or in similar programs at similar U.S. institutions. They also attend career planning and numerous training/informational sessions.
- Students must be at least 21 years old.
- No requirement on nationality; non-Italian students may apply.
- Students must be physics or engineering majors.
- Participants must provide evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Participants must have medical insurance while at Fermilab.