Department of Energy's Forrestal Building Cafeteria. 1000 Independence Ave SW, entrance on L'Enfant Plaza, west building of DOE.
The Department of Energy is teaming up with the Office of Personnel Management to host the First Annual Federal STEM Volunteer Fair, aiming to match the needs of the STEM and educational community in the Washington, D.C., area with our federal workers who are seeking volunteer opportunities. The event is open to all federal workers and contractors.
At this event, federal workers from all agencies are invited to meet organizations who are looking for volunteers who passionate about STEM. Organizations will be on hand to share their story, mission, audience, and volunteer needs. The event will have a special focus on the biggest participation gaps in STEM fields – girls, women, and minorities. RSVP requested to email@example.com.
Attendees, you'll be able to meet and hear about volunteer work at the below organizations. Download full information on volunteer needs and contact information of these organizations here.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Volunteer Program
- Asian American LEAD
- BEST Kids Mentoring Program
- Boy Scouts of America
- Carnegie Academy for Science Education
- College Tribe
- U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy & Office of Human Capital & Office of Science
- The Fishing School
- Frederick County Public Schools
- Future Next
- Girls and STEM
- Great Minds in STEM
- Higher Achievement
- Howard University Middle School
- Kid Power
- Let's GO Boys and Girls
- The Mid-Atlantic Girls Collaborative (MAGiC)
- Montgomery Public Schools
- The National Girls Collaborative Project
- Real World Design Challenge
- Smithsonian Science Education Center
- Saint Ann School
- U.S. Census Bureau
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Washington Exec
- YWCA National Capital Area
RSVP requested to AnneMarie Horowitz, firstname.lastname@example.org