Photo by FERC
Please consider participating in an upcoming meeting and or submitting your entity's priorities and comments in to the record at public comment at an upcoming Quadrennial Energy Review (QER) regional meeting.
The QER is part of the Administration’s effort to create a strategy roadmap aimed at fostering an affordable, clean, and secure energy economy out to 2030 and beyond. The QER will produce a suite of federal policy objectives, proposed legislation and administrative actions, a long-range RD&D agenda, and finance and incentive concepts. The President and his advisors recognized that to adequately address the complex and pervasive energy economy, the task had to be broken up into manageable portions. The QER roadmap will be developed over the next several years.
In establishing the QER, President Obama recognized that the effort would only be successful with the active participation of stakeholders in industry, academia, state, local, and tribal governments, labor, environmental and other non-governmental organizations, and the general public. If you are able, please join us at one of the below events:
List of future QER public meeting dates and topics below.
- July 11, 2014 – Portland, OR - Electricity TS&D
- July 21, 2014 - Pittsburgh, PA - Natural Gas T&D
- August 8, 2014 – Bismarck, ND - Infrastructure Constraints—Bakken
- August 8, 2014 – Chicago, IL - Rail, Barge, Truck Transportation
- August 18, 2014 – Wyoming - Infrastructure Siting
- TBD – Minneapolis, MN - Propane distribution and North America issues
- TBD - Santa Fe, NM - State, Local, and Tribal Issues
- TBD - Denver, CO - Gas-Electricity Interdependence
- TBD – Iowa - Rural electricity issues, biomass processing. and transportation
- TBD - Atlanta, GA - Business/Economic Development (Supply chain, insurance)
- TBD – New York, NY - Finance and Market Incentives
- TBD – Washington, DC - Wrap Up