When you appear in-person to meet with the DOE Trusted Agent you must bring:
- The Two-Factor Authentication token.
- The printed copy of the Two-Factor Authentication UAA form. You should complete the portion of the UAA form that is surrounded by the blue box.
- Your Federal ID Badge. This will be used to positively identify you. If you do not have a Federal ID Badge you must bring the following:
- One valid government-issued picture ID. A drivers license for example.
- One other form of ID. This does not have to be a picture ID, but your name must be in type (i.e. not hand written).
The DOE Trusted Agent will then:
- Inspect your Federal ID Badge (or government issued ID) and note the name and number printed on the badge.
- Add the name and number printed on the badge to your UAA form along with the date, the DOE Trusted Agent’s name, their signature, and the Two-Factor Authentication token’s serial number.
- Fax the completed Two-Factor Authentication UAA form to the PKI Support Team at 301-903-2172. This fax machine is in a limited access area and no cover sheet is required.
A common problem surrounding the identity proofing of a Subscriber Candidate is that the individual’s physical location may be geographically distant from the physical location of a Trusted Agent of the DOE PKI. This section will outline how the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) will allow Notary Publics to act as de facto Trusted Agents for identity proofing purposes.
The Subscriber Candidate will bring a printed copy of the User Acknowledgement Agreement form to the Notary Public. The Subscriber Candidate will complete their designated portions of the User Acknowledgement Agreement form.
The Notary Public will perform the following:
- Complete the portions of the User Acknowledgement Agreement form that are usually reserved for the Trusted Agent of the DOE PKI. At a minimum these will include:
- A location for the Notary Public to record the type(s) of ID(s) presented, their corresponding unique ID number(s), and the person’s name(s) as it appears on the ID(s).
- A location for the Notary Public to print their full name.
- A location for the Notary Public to sign their name with a handwritten signature.
- A location for the Notary Public to indicate the date of their signature.
- A location for the Notary Public to affix an impression of their seal.
- Provide the Subscriber Candidate a copy of their Notary Commission Certificate.
The Subscriber Candidate will then:
- Fax a copy of the User Acknowledgement Agreement form, and the Notary Public’s Notary Commission Certificate to DOE HQ PKI Support.
- Mail the original User Acknowledgement Agreement form [that includes the impression of the Notary Public’s seal] and a copy of the valid State or Federal government-issued picture ID(s) [that they presented to the Notary Public] to their DOE HQ PKI Support