Step One – Registering with the DOE's Management Information System (MIS)
Before you request a DOE Digital Identity, you must register in DOE’s Management Information System (MIS). Please note that DOE Federal employees are already registered and do not need to complete this step. They may skip to step two.
During the registration process, you will be required to select a DOE sponsor. Your sponsor is the DOE employee who certifies that you have a valid need for a DOE Digital Identity. For contractors, this person is likely your Contract Task Manager, Contracting Officer's Representative (COR), or Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR).
- Click: https://mis.doe.gov
- Select: “Requesting Access”
- Follow the onscreen instructions
You MUST include the following in the “Comments” section at the end of the form:
- a written request for a DOE Digital Identity
- your sponsor's contact information:
- Phone Number
- Business Email Address
- DOE Site Name (i.e. Headquarters, name of DOE Lab or Field Site)
You will be notified by email when your DOE federal sponsor has approved your MIS request. Note: Please establish security questions as soon as you receive your MIS login credentials.
Step Two – Completing the Agreement Form
Before the Token can be activated, you must:
- Obtain a copy of the Subcriber Agreement Form (SAF) here: EITSServiceDesk@hq.doe.gov
- Complete the blue box portion of the SAF
- Provide the completed SAF to a DOE Trusted Agent who will verify your identity and complete an additional portion of the form. Note: The identity of a DOE Digital Identity subscriber must be verified against acceptable identity source documents. You must present the required documents when you meet with the Trusted Agent.
The Trusted Agent will fax the completed SAF to DOE Headquarters PKI Support Team at 301-903-2172. The original SAF can be maintained at the originating facility or mailed to:
Department of Energy
19901 Germantown Road
Germantown, MD 20874
Step Three – Receiving Your Token
If you are unable to visit a token distribution location, contact your Headquarters POC to arrange for a representative to collect your RAS token. The representative can schedule an appointment here: EITSServiceDesk@hq.doe.gov.
The representative must sign a custody sheet and identify the token recipient. The token will be released to the representative who will ship the token to the recipient.
Please contact the DOE Headquarters EITS Service Desk at EITSServiceDesk@hq.doe.gov for questions.