Red Hat CloudForms Multiple Vulnerabilities
Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Red Hat CloudForms
Secunia Advisory SA51472
Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Red Hat CloudForms, which can be exploited by malicious, local users to disclose potentially sensitive information, manipulate certain data, and perform certain actions with escalated privileges, by malicious users to disclose and manipulate certain data and cause a DoS (Denial of Service), and by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting and SQL injection attacks, bypass certain security restrictions, manipulate certain data, cause a DoS, and compromise a vulnerable system.
1) An error due to Katello not properly checking user permissions can be exploited to download consumer certificates or change settings of other users' system.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability requires knowledge of the UUID of the target system.
2) An error exists due to Pulp logging administrative passwords to a world readable log file.
3) An error due to Pulp's configuration file (pulp.conf) being installed as world readable can be exploited to disclose e.g. the administrative password.
4) An error due to grinder having insecure permissions for the cache folder (/var/lib/pulp/cache/grinder) can be exploited to access and modify cache files.
5) Errors exists due to the application bundles a vulnerable version of Ruby.
6) Errors exists due to the application bundles a vulnerable version of Puppet.
Cross Site Scripting
Manipulation of data
Exposure of sensitive information