You are here

How to Give

The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is the largest and most successful workplace charitable giving drive in the world, and it offers Federal employees the opportunity to donate to over 4,400 local, national, or international charities. Find approved charities that you believe in by using the CFC search tool or by downloading the Catalog of Caring (2014 updates coming soon).

The Energy Department encourages you to join in this effort so that we can give together. As the CFC enters its seventh decade of giving, it is more important than ever to join together and provide aid to those in need.

DOE particularly encourages eGiving--it is quick, easy, and secure. You can make an electronic donation through the CFC eGive page with the option of contributing by credit/debit card, electronic check, or payroll deduction. Paperless payroll deduction is the preferred donating option for the CFC. It reduces costs, improves accuracy, and is more convenient for the donor. 

To eGive through a pay roll deduction you must first obtain the codes for the charities you wish to give to and your office’s CFC Reporting Unit Code.  You can find the codes for your charities in the 2013 Catalog of Caring or ask your CFC Keyworker for a paper copy of the catalog.  Follow these steps to use myPay for a payroll deduction:

  • Go to Employee Self Service (ESS) and login
  • Place the cursor on “Pay” in the top menu bar
  • Click on “Earnings Statement”
  • Agree to the terms and conditions of the User Agreement
  • You are now at the screen where you normally review your earnings statement which is also the myPay page
  • Under “Pay Changes” – click on “Combined Federal Campaign (CFC)”
  • Follow the instructions for making a payroll deduction

To eGive with a one-time contribution by credit/debit card or eletronic check, visit the CFC National Capital Area website.  At the first visit to the site you must register.  At the second visit you should login with the User Name and Password you created.  Follow the instructions to make a one-time contribution.

You can also use the traditional manual method for contributing by attaining a CFC Pledge Form from your Keyworker. You can give with cash, check, credit/debit card, or payroll deduction using this option.

When you make a donation, you have the option of releasing your personal information to the charity or charities you have chosen to support. You can either give anonymously or provide your personal email or home address, as well as the amount of your pledges.